ANNOUNCE: Beta 4.23-8 released

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Thu Aug 28 17:20:55 IST 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> I have just released 4.23-8.
> Note that this is a beta release and is not intended for production use.
> However, I would be grateful if you could try it out and let me know about
> anything that is wrong.

I've just tried this on a Debian stable box after getting 4.23-7 working
just before you released -8! I found though that -8 wouldn't start even
though the config was pretty much as -7 apart from the new extra bits. I
may have done something stupid but I think I checked things.

If I run with Debug on I get:

Starting MailScanner...
In Debugging mode, not forking...
Aborting due to syntax errors in /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf.
at /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/Config.pm line 1217

and as far as I can see the only difference between the -7 and -8
configs are the Notify Senders Of ... entries.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"