SV: OT: how to set up an RBL

Matt Laney mdlaney at morehouse.edu
Thu Aug 28 17:10:02 IST 2003

> To be honest, I kinda know how it works and no prob setting up the
> nameserver but not sure how to set the RBL regarding zonefiles etc..
> -how would the zone file look like?
> -the automatic thingy :) (Im a looser on scripts so examples etc would =
> be nice)
>
> All help would be appreciated or just links to good information on how =
> to do it.

Some info here:

        http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/rbldnsd.html

Much linkage here:

        http://spamlinks.port5.com/filter-dnsbl.htm

The question about scripts to maintain the thing really comes down to
access control:  who gets to modify it?  There seem to be some examples
off that second link.  If not, grep around for web management tools for
rbldns or whatever dns server you'd use.

-Matt