Blocking attachments instead of just removing them

Thu Aug 28 14:13:54 IST 2003

On Thursday 28 August 2003 1:58 pm, Kyle Harris wrote:

> A suggestion for future versions.  Would it be possible to create a
> separate, new setting that allows you to block a list of given
> attachments?  I feel like with the latest round of viruses, many would find
> that feature useful.  That way, if I run MailScanner along with a virus
> scanner and tell it that any e-mail it finds with
> a .scr, .pif, .bat, .exe, .vbs, can simply be delted without notification
> to the sender.

How is what you are asking for different from what you can already do with
the "Filename Rules" and "Filetype Rules" settings?

I'm not sure, but it looks to me like what you want is already there.

We use MailScanner to block all .com .exe .pif .bat .scr files without caring
what's in them, virus or not.

Antony.

--

This is not a rehearsal.