Blocking attachments instead of just removing them

Kyle Harris lists at TRCINTL.COM
Thu Aug 28 13:58:37 IST 2003

A suggestion for future versions.  Would it be possible to create a
separate, new setting that allows you to block a list of given
attachments?  I feel like with the latest round of viruses, many would find
that feature useful.  That way, if I run MailScanner along with a virus
scanner and tell it that any e-mail it finds with
a .scr, .pif, .bat, .exe, .vbs, can simply be delted without notification
to the sender.  Any other viruses found (such as a macro virus in a Word
document) would be cleaned and sent on.  I have seen several of these macro
viruses still floating around.

By the way, thank you very much for all the responses.  I'm sold on the
product, but I sure wish it had the feature above.

At 23:06 27/08/2003, you wrote:
>I was planning on implementing virus scanning with MailScanner in the
>near future (I probably should have mentioned that).  If I set Deliver
>Cleaned Messages = no , won't it also block any messages that contain
>viruses that have been successfully cleaned?

Yes, but that forms a very small %-age of total infected mail these days,
so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

>   Also, will that setting effect spam
>messages?

Only infected spam.