It seems that viruses CAN slip through MailScanner under high load!

Thu Aug 28 10:48:55 IST 2003

Hi!

> I *think* you can tune sendmail so that if the system load reaches x.xx, it
> will stop accepting mail.  Might be worth looking into.  You might also
> consider lowering the number of messages MS works with per batch.  I believe
> the default is 100.  Try lowering that to say 30 or so.

Yups. Allthough Ot here:

Look for:

# load average at which we just queue messages
O QueueLA=40

# load average at which we refuse connections
O RefuseLA=80

# load average at which we delay connections; 0 means no limit
O DelayLA=50

Bye,
Raymond.