Mailscanner stats

Tony Howat t.howat at LINST.AC.UK
Wed Aug 27 16:04:26 IST 2003

Hi Folks,

I'm currently building a mailscanner solution for our
mail relays. High volume, and we need regular statistics.
I've looked at mrtg-mailscanner in relation to our system,
and as far as I can see it would have to run locally on the
mail relay itself - or we'll run across some awful network
load issues as our network management server grabs logs
every so often etc.

We could also do with regular summary stats by e-mail.

So, any suggestions on remotely mrtg logging of mailscanner,
and/or extracting simple text stats? I'm not keen on
re-inventing the wheel :)

In essence, priorty one is useful stats, priority two is
pretty graphs for people to point at.

What solutions do you guys and gals use?

Thanks...

--
Tony Howat
UNIX Network Administrator