Notify Sender for attachments but not for viruses

Bob Jones bob.jones at USG.EDU
Wed Aug 27 14:46:42 IST 2003

Hello all.  We're implementing a MailScanner solution and have run into
an issue.  We would like to notify senders when their attachment has
been blocked (unless it's a virus), but not when they send a virus.  In
this way, if someone sends a legitimate attachment that's blocked
because of a bad extension, they will know.  Is there a way to seperate
the notify sender option for virus and for attachments?  In my searches
I haven't found one, but I thought I'd ask here for the final word.

Thanks,
--
Bob Jones
OIIT