Sudden surge in spam

James Pifer mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM
Wed Aug 27 11:30:02 IST 2003

No, these aren't Sobigs. I've been getting those for a couple weeks and
MailScanner has been tagging those. As a matter of fact I just changed
Sobig to be silent last week, so I don't even see them now.

The messages are like:
I Can Show You How To Lose WeightZIJSDRL
Take advantage of lower interest rates
Get prescriptions overnight and online dulpbnez atjeq

That's just 3 of the 8 I have in my inbox this morning. In the headers
it has "X-MailScanner:Found to be clean". There are also about a dozen
spams in the mailbox that MailScanner forwards spam to, so it's still
working. Just don't understand why all of the sudden some is getting
through.

Thanks,
James