Trend Autoupdate

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Wed Aug 27 00:48:54 IST 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Daniel Bird wrote:

> I think I've found a bug in the trend wrapper( didn't notice before as i
> was running my update script from cron)
> Once the autoupdate script is installed, and
> /usr/sbin/update_virus_scanners is run
>
> the following output is returned:
> Invalid or unknown parameter - -IsItInstalled
>
> If the the line
> exec $PackageDir/bin/$prog "$@"
> in trend-wrapper is changed to
> exec $PackageDir/bin/$prog "-v" (which will obviously stop the scanning)
>
> it works fine. I guess this is something to do with the output of vscan
> and the tests in /usr/sbin/update_virus_scanners???
> ____________________________________
>
> Daniel Bird

It has been working just fine for me for the last week.  I had edited
trend-wrapper as follows...

PackageDir=/etc/iscan
prog=vscan

I left the rest of the trend-wrapper file as is.  I've seen no error
messages and trend has found several virii (same ones as F-Prot and
ClamAV).

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer