Trend Autoupdate

Daniel Bird dbird at SGHMS.AC.UK
Wed Aug 27 00:39:13 IST 2003

Julian Field wrote:

> I renamed the opr.ini file to opr.ini.$$ to try to ensure multiple
> running
> copies are less likely to clash. Otherwise I have left it alone as you
> say
> that it works.
>
> I'll put it in the next release and see what people think of it.
>
> Many thanks for the contribution!

I think I've found a bug in the trend wrapper( didn't notice before as i
was running my update script from cron)
Once the autoupdate script is installed, and
/usr/sbin/update_virus_scanners is run

the following output is returned:
Invalid or unknown parameter - -IsItInstalled

If the the line
exec $PackageDir/bin/$prog "$@"
in trend-wrapper is changed to
exec $PackageDir/bin/$prog "-v" (which will obviously stop the scanning)

it works fine. I guess this is something to do with the output of vscan
and the tests in /usr/sbin/update_virus_scanners???

> At 17:10 26/08/2003, you wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Noticed someone was asking for a trend autoupdate script. A copy of my
>> one can be found here:
>>
>> http://www.sghms.ac.uk/depts/is/trend-autoupdate
>> or
>> http://www.danbird.net/dev/mailscanner/trend-autoupdate
>>
>> Julian, feel free to include in your distro if you haven't got one
>> already (oh, and you may want to tidy up a bit)
>>
>> Dan
>

>> --
>> ____________________________________
>>
>> Daniel Bird
>> Network and Systems Manager
>> Department Of Information Services
>> St. George's Hospital Medical School
>> Tooting
>> London SW17 0RE
>>
>> P: +44 20 8725 2897
>> F: +44 20 8725 3583
>> E: dan at sghms.ac.uk
>> ____________________________________
>>
>> Everything is possible....except skiing through a revolving door
>>

>> --
>> believed to be clean.
>

> --
> Julian Field