config issue?

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Tue Aug 26 18:01:00 IST 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:45:32AM -0700, Rob Livermore wrote:
> I realize this is a lot of hand-holding but after following your directions
> and after reinstalling MS I attempted to reinstall SA by running:
>
> $perl Makefile.PL
>
> Immediately after running the command it reported the following issue:
> bash: /usr/local/bin/perl: No such file or directory
>
> Does the system need to be restarted after deleting the other versions of
> Perl in order for SA to run correctly?

Look in your PATH environment variable; if you're running as root,
it probably should include /usr/local/bin.

Here's an example from my MailScanner box:

PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old sysadmin since 1964