config issue?

S Mohan smohan at VSNL.COM
Tue Aug 26 03:16:24 IST 2003

Normally restarting sendmail would build the virtusertable.db. In this case
restarting MailScanner would do that.

Mohan

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Jónatan
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 12:54 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: config issue?

Hi,

I believe what he meant wasn't the quotation marks.
But you're missing the "s" at the end of "actions".
The line in my config file is like this:
Spam Actions = deliver

You dont have the "s"

About the blocking, while in /etc/mail (where I presume the virtusertable
file is) you should write "make" (again, assuming there is a "Makefile"
file there).

I dont rember from the top of my head the command to make the
virtusertable file, but you should en up with "virtusertable" and
"virtusertable.db" files.
(So its not enough just to edit the files)

Atleast it's like this on those systems I've worked on.

w/regards
Jónatan // Natti
natti at routing.is