Testing MailScanner

Tue Aug 26 01:44:06 IST 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 1:22 am, Vernon Webb wrote:

> Are you talking about this file?

I'm not talking about a single file - I'm talking about all of your startup
scripts.   I don't know exactly what those are likely to be because I'm not a
RedHat person, so I don't have the same startup mechanism as you do.

You need to check all your startup scripts to find out how many sendmail
processes are getting started and with what command line parameters (grep
wouldn't be a bad start for doing this).

You should have two, and only two, sendmail processes:

 - one which accepts inbound mail and simply queues it for MailScanner to
find (option DeliveryMode=queueonly)

 - one which finds mail processed by MailScanner and delivers it (using a -q
option to specify the queue checking interval)

I suspect from the problems you have reported that either:

one of these processes is doing morethan it should, or:

there's another sendmail process which is accepting incoming mail and
delivering it, without queuing it forMailScanner to process.

Regards,

Antony.

--

This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.