config issue?

Tue Aug 26 00:23:36 IST 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 12:13 am, Rob Livermore wrote:

> You should be seeing lines like:
>
> New Batch: Scanning 1 messages, xxxx bytes
> Spam Checks: Starting
> Message abcdefgh from 12.34.56.78 (me at mydomain.com) to you at yourdomain.com
> is spam, SpamAssassim (score=14.4, required 5, lots and lots of
> SpamAssassin test names.....)
> Spam Checks: Found 1 spam messages
> Spam Actions: message abcdefgh actions are delete
> Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
>
> I just looked through the entire log file and am not seeing any entries
> that like the log you pasted.  The log file only shows info like the one I
> pasted.
>
> Which has me scratching my head - like I stated earlier messages are
> getting tagged which indicates to me they are atleast being processed by
> SpamAssassin - right?

Yes, however that is not necessarily the same as having them processed by
MailScanner (which then callsSpamAssassin).

Try this:

Change the "Spam Subject Text" entry in MailScanner.conf to something such as
"{Spam}" (mixed case instead of all upper case) - any change will do really -
we just want to make sure that the subject line is getting changed by
MailScanner, and not by SpamAssassin getting hold of the mails directly in
some way.

Make that change (restart MailScanner), shovel another spam mail through the
system, and tell us what the client tells you the subject line is.

Antony.

--

Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
but rather when there is nothing left to take away.

 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery