Testing MailScanner

Mon Aug 25 22:35:03 IST 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 10:09 pm, Vernon Webb wrote:

> Previously I've had 3.something.or.other installed on my server and all was
> well. I'm running a RedHat 9.0 box. Now that I have installed the latest
> version 4.something.or.other it doesn't seem like things are working.
>
> First off how to I test to see if MailScanner is working and tagging SPAM?

Er, feed some spam through it and see what it does with it?

> Secondly how do I test if f-port and Sophos (I have them both installed)
> are working?

Feed it an Eicar test file (if you don't have any real viruses handy) and
again, see what it says.

http://www.eicar.com

Antony.

--

There are two possible outcomes.

If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.
If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.

 - Enrico Fermi