Quarantine Dir Ruleset

Mon Aug 25 22:22:16 IST 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 10:10 pm, Thomas Chamtieh wrote:

> Can anyone give me an example of a "Quarantine Dir" ruleset. I'm trying to
> seperate quarantine directories for different domains.

In MailScanner.conf:

Quarantine Dir = /etc/mail/quarantine.dirs.rules

In /etc/mail/quarantine.dirs.rules:

To:     mydomain.com    /var/spool/mail/quarantine.one
To:     otherdomain.net /var/spool/mail/quarantine.two
To:     lastdomain.org  /var/spool/mail/quarantine.three
ToOrFrom:       default         /var/spool/mail/quarantine.default

Only thing to look out for which you may not realise is the name of the file
containing the rules must end in ".rules"

You can use "To:", "From:", or anything containing both "To" and "From" (eg
"ToFrom", "ToOrFrom" etc) as the first field in the rules file.

Hope this helps,

Antony.

--

This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above
and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable

If you have received this email in error, you are required to shred it
immediately, add some nutmeg, three egg whites and a dessertspoonful of
caster sugar.   Whisk until soft peaks form, then place in a warm oven for 40
minutes.   Remove promptly and let stand for 2 hours before adding some
decorative kiwi fruit and cream.   Then notify me immediately by return email
and eat the original message.