question / help please

adam monaghan adam at PRIVATE.GORGE.NET
Mon Aug 25 19:14:11 IST 2003

Hello-

I have installed MailScanner 4.22-5 with clam antivirus and spamassassin
on FreeBSD 4.8-release. I have followed all the installation
instructions on the website as well as read and followed the INSTALL and
INSTALL.FreeBSD documents that come with the tar distribution here it my
output of uname -a

FreeBSD gnpriserv1.gorge.net 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Thu Aug
21 12:19:06 PDT 2003
root at gnpriserv1.gorge.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/GNPRISERV1 i386

Here is what appears in /var/log/maillog:

Aug 25 10:57:18 gnpriserv1 MailScanner[31824]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus
Scanner version 4.22-5 starting...

Aug 25 10:57:19 gnpriserv1 MailScanner[31824]: Could not read file no

Aug 25 10:57:19 gnpriserv1 MailScanner[31824]: Error in line 962, file
"no" for senderrblspamreport does not exist (or can not be read)

If I enable debugging mode on MailScanner and spamassassin (in
MailScanner.conf) and try to start it manually this is what I get :

gnpriserv1# pwd

/opt/MailScanner-4.22-5/bin

gnpriserv1# ./MailScanner

In Debugging mode, not forking...

Error in line 962, file "no" for senderrblspamreport does not exist (or
can not be read) at /usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm
line 1503

gnpriserv1#

Thanks in advance

Adam