spam scanning stopped working

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 25 19:08:19 IST 2003

At 19:04 25/08/2003, you wrote:
>Max Gaspari said:
> >> Is there a debug mode in mailscanner I can use to track down what
> >> is
> >> going on? I am using MailScanner-4.22-5.
> >>

> > try
> >
> > Debug = 1
> > Debug Spamassassin = 1
> >
> > in MailScanner.conf
> >
> > Bye
>
>I get this when debugging:
>
>root at madagascar:/etc/mailscanner# /etc/init.d/mailscanner start
>Starting MailScanner: Starting MailScanner...
>In Debugging mode, not forking...
>debug: ignore: test message to precompile patterns and load modules
>debug: using "../rules" for default rules dir
>debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
>debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0
>debug: running body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=0
>debug: running uri tests; score so far=0
>debug: running raw-body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=0
>debug: running full-text regexp tests; score so far=0
>debug: AWL active, pre-score: 0, mean: undef
>debug: Post AWL score: 0
>debug: is spam? score=0 required=5
>debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0
>debug: running body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=0
>debug: running uri tests; score so far=0
>debug: running raw-body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=0
>debug: running full-text regexp tests; score so far=0
>debug: AWL active, pre-score: 0, mean: undef
>debug: Post AWL score: 0
>debug: is spam? score=0 required=5
>Stopping now as you are debugging me.
>

>So maybe something's up with mailscanner/spamassassin interaction?
>How does mailscanner call spamassassin? Maybe I can see what that
>returns if I run it manually?

MailScanner directly calls SpamAssassin's API, there isn't any external
program involved. Looks like it isn't finding the SA rules dir. Have you
changed any of the SpamAssassin settings in MailScanner.conf at all (other
than "Use SpamAssassin = yes") ?
Do a
         grep -i spamassassin /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
--
Julian Field