Queue Messages

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Mon Aug 25 15:57:06 IST 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:49:34AM -0400, Devon Harding - GTHLA wrote:
> I'm using Sendmail.  Where's the default queue dir?

With sendmail and MailScanner, there will be two.

The defaults appear to be /var/spool/mqueue.in for the inbound mail,
and /var/spool/mqueue for the outbound mail.

MailScanner takes mail from mqueue.in, processes it, and puts it in
mqueue.

When the mailservers here go down, which is more frequently than I
like (I don't admin them), mail just stacks up in mqueue until
the servers come back up. IIRC, sendmail sends NDNs after 4 hours,
and kills the mail after 5 days, but those are configurable.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old sysadmin since 1964