Maximum Message Size

Gary lists at SAHARA.CO.ZA
Mon Aug 25 15:05:12 IST 2003

Hi All

I want to implement a ruleset for my users for the following option:

# The maximum size of any message including the headers. If this is set to
# zero, then no size checking is done.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset, so you can have different
# settings for different users. You might want to set this quite small for
# dialup users so their email applications don't time out downloading huge
# messages.
Maximum Message Size = 0

Just a query (I'm new to MailScanner) or two...

The size specified is in bytes (like most sane programs) right? and..

My rule format would be something like this:

FromorTo:        sillyuser at mydomain.co.za        1024000
FromorTo:        default                         0

This would be fine?

Thanks for any help! :)

PS Mailscanner is pretty good!

Gary