slightly OT: mailstats question

David While David.While at UCE.AC.UK
Sat Aug 23 10:31:56 IST 2003

When you say you've cleaned out the mrtg.cfg files does that mean you have deleted them? If not then delete them - mailstats will recreate the files with the amended details in.

David While

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Lance Ware [mailto:lance at SYNCCAST.COM]
	Sent: Fri 22/08/2003 16:31
	To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
	Subject: slightly OT: mailstats question

	Hi Folks,

	I’m struggling to get MRTG working with Mailstats. I swear I had it working long ago (several versions) but I can’t get anywhere now.

	I’ve cleaned out the mrtg.cfg files, I had to adjust the path to MRTG.

	I’m running mailstats.pl as root by hand below, so access shouldn’t be an issue.

	The messages I’m getting are:

	/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/rateup: No such file or directory

	Rateup Error: Can't open mrtg/images/mesgs/mesgs-day.png for write

	ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible

	WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0

	 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'mesgs'

	 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1

	/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/rateup: No such file or directory

	Rateup Error: Can't open mrtg/images/virus/virus-day.png for write

	ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible

	WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0

	 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'virus'

	 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1

	/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/rateup: No such file or directory

	Rateup Error: Can't open mrtg/images/spam/spam-day.png for write

	ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible

	WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0

	 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'spam'

	 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1

	/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/rateup: No such file or directory

	Rateup Error: Can't open mrtg/images/load/load-day.png for write

	ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible

	WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0

	 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'load'

	 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1

	Any ideas? I’m stumped.