What to do about existing spamassassin

Sat Aug 23 13:39:42 IST 2003

On Saturday 23 August 2003 1:23 pm, Chris Mason wrote:

> I had spammassasin installed to remove spam sent to me only, using an entry
> in  .procmailrc to pipe mail to SA. Now that I have installed MailScanner,
> should I remove the SA entry in .procmailrc?

You don't have to, but you probably should.

Assuming you want MailScanner to handle SpamAssassin processing for you (and
you choose whether or not this is how you want it to work), the only reason
for leaving SA in your procmail setup is if you want to do some specific SA
processing on mail which comes to you only (but you should be able to achieve
exactly the same thing using MailScanner's rulesets), or if you want to see
stuff like the full SA report, which MailScanner will not do for you.

Leaving SA in your procmail setup won't do any harm - but it might cause you
a bit of confusion as you play with MailScanner and learn what it can do, if
there's a chance that the mail you get in your mailbox has been processed by
a separate set of SA rules afterwards.

Antony.

--

90% of network problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.