Sophos doesnt show virus name in viruswarning.txt

Trever Furnish tgfurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Sat Aug 23 04:18:43 IST 2003

In MailScanner.conf, see this section:
# Set where to find the attachment filename ruleset.
# The structure of this file is explained elsewhere, but it is used to
# accept or reject file attachments based on their name, regardless of
# whether they are infected or not.
#
# This can also point to a ruleset, but the ruleset filename must end in
# ".rules" so that MailScanner can determine if the filename given is
# a ruleset or not!
Filename Rules = /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf

And then read and understand that file (filename.rules.conf).  This may
help:
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/man/MailScanner.conf.3.html#ATTACHMENT%20FILENAME%20RULESET

--
Trever