Mailscanner filter server to my Mail store " I just canna do it c aptain! "

Fri Aug 22 20:40:35 IST 2003

Hi!

> That's only 21058 messages as there are 2 per message.
> How many messages per day are you trying to push through it?
>
> After you stop MailScanner, it will take 5 - 10 seconds for the processes
> to shut down. They clean up after themselves, which can take a little while.
> Only once they have all gone should you start them again.
> If you did a
>          /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner restart
> then it would wait 5 or 10 seconds between the stop and the start.

He posted 500.000 daily. I doubt a P3 will take that. With RH9 and
sendmail you get much much less with a configuration like that. If not
let us know, since the boxes i have dont do that :)

Bye,
Raymond.