mailscanner and mimedefang

Kurt Yoder kylist at SHCORP.COM
Fri Aug 22 15:28:32 IST 2003

So my response to this sobig garbage has been to install mimedefang
(http://mimedefang.org) and block all mail containing "dangerous"
file name extensions such as .pif, .scr, etc. This way they are
rejected before they even get into the mail system. So far, so good.

The problem is that ever since I installed mimedefang, mailscanner's
virus scanning has stopped working. I'm almost positive this is the
connection, because I see some tagged spams right before I installed
mimedefang two days ago, and no tagged spams since. I even sent
myself some test messages that used to trigger spam tags, but now
don't.

Is there a debug mode in mailscanner I can use to track down what is
going on? I am using MailScanner-4.22-5.

Thanks for any help.

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator