ANNOUNCE: Beta 4.23-7 released

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Fri Aug 22 01:59:08 IST 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 02:29:55AM +0200, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > This contains a few fixes discussed recently to do with RAV and implements
> > > the new rule "Virus:" keyword allowed in rulesets so you can create
> > > rulesets for some viruses such as
>
> > I upgraded from 4.23-2 but its really running weird it seems. I get
> > timeouts on the spam checks, and message batches wont go down. Are you
> > sure its running okay ? If i downgrade to 4.23-2 all runs like a charm.
>
> Hmmm... it seems its related to timouts on the RBLs. OSIRUSOFT-SPEWS and
> Spamcop seems to have trouble, cant reach their DNS on several networks.
> I'll test 4.23-7 when i wake up a little bit more... :)

Osirusoft is, and has been, under a severe DDOS attack, and any
results returned from the various Osirusoft DNSbl zones may be as much
as two weeks outdated. There is quite a large kafuffle over this in
nanae and in nanabl, and folks might do well to use mirrors which are
(more) current.

SPEWS itself is off the air, too: DNS for the three SPEWS.org
nameservers is timing out. This argues another DDOS. You may want to
use http://spews.sorbs.net, a mirror, for inquiries. I don't know how
close to current it is, but it's the mirror I know about.

I don't know about SpamCop.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx