sobig.f and secondary MX

Fri Aug 22 00:38:56 IST 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 12:20 am, Daniel Bird wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
> > How about you make them the same priority and just share the load between
> > the two?
>
> In theory, that's what I thought. That's exactly what we have but I'm
> seeing a skew to one of them. Over the last 24 hours, one of our has
> seen 2551 messages, whilst the other has only seen 152. Odd.....

I'm not sure if you mean you changed your MX records so they became the same,
but you're still seeing a skew, or you mean the MXs have always been the
same, but you're seeing a skew anyway...

If you changed them, what's the remote server cache time on your DNS records?

24 hours sounds like insufficient time for remote DNS servers to discover the
change to me.

Antony.

--

If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs,
then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilisation.