Sobig getting tagged as spam not virus

Tony Johansson tony.johansson at SVENSKAKYRKAN.SE
Thu Aug 21 12:18:22 IST 2003

Behalf
>Of Matthew Bowman
>Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 10:27 AM
>To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>Subject: Sobig getting tagged as spam not virus
>

>Hi,
>
>Mail with the Sobig.F message body is coming in with and without an
>attachment, therefore we get {SPAM?} or  {VIRUS?} tagged e-mail. The score
>for the spam messages is the same 5.9.
>
>Anyone else seeing this too?
>

>Matthew

We get this aswell. The messages are tagged as spam but only
contains "Please see the attached file for details." (no file attached)

Our scores are not the same though, they all seem to trigger DCC, Pyzor or
Razor rules in Spamassassin (2.60)

If a message contains a silent virus but also registers as spam, would it
be delivered? (ssems so in this case)

regards, Tony