Sobig not detected

Wed Aug 20 21:38:00 IST 2003

Hi!

> I can say without any problems that Sophos is missing 100% of the Sobig-F
> virus's.

I would suggest running multiple scanners, we have seen over time that
sometimes F-Prot doesnt pick things up, sometimes Sophos and sometimes
others.

Clam also picks it up, so if you need a fast solution, install Clam also.

My F-Prot is scanning like crazy...

TODAYs stats:

[root at vmx20 f-prot]# grep Sobig.F /var/log/maillog | wc -l
  28828
[root at vmx10 f-prot]# grep Sobig.F /var/log/maillog | wc -l
  28924

Allmost 60.000 Sobig.F ones in not even 24 hours, since my maillog is
rotated daily.

Amazing.

Your filename rules could also pick things up btw, since the names are
known for Sobig.F ...

 your_document.pif
 document_all.pif
 thank_you.pif