Archive Files

Steve Thomas lists at STHOMAS.NET
Wed Aug 20 18:24:25 IST 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 10:03:51AM -0700, Caleb Clark is rumored to have said:

> Ive got a few questions about archives. I am using Sophos for my
> scanner, and i see that it only supports a few archive types. I would
> imagine that i would want to scan as many archives as possible.

>From "sweep --help":

The following options are related to archives and other special file types:

  -zip      [ ] : SWEEP inside ZIP archives
  -gzip     [ ] : SWEEP inside GZIP compressed files
  -arj      [ ] : SWEEP inside ARJ archives
  -cmz      [ ] : SWEEP inside Unix-compressed files
  -tar      [ ] : SWEEP inside TAR archives
  -rar      [ ] : SWEEP inside RAR archives
  -archive  [ ] : All of the above
  -cab      [ ] : SWEEP inside Microsoft Cabinet files
  -loopback [ ] : SWEEP inside loopback-type files
  -tnef     [ ] : SWEEP inside TNEF files

What's missing that you'd like to see added? I think that's fairly comprehensive.. It's missing a few (anyone remember ARC?), but I think it's got just about anything you're likely to see used covered.

--
"Mr. Wagner has beautiful moments but bad quarters of an hour."
- Gioacchino Rossini (1792-1868)