sobig virus

Joe Stuart jstuart at EDENPR.K12.MN.US
Wed Aug 20 18:08:47 IST 2003

I was wrong it did not go through mailscanner Uly told me that some of
the newer viruses are using lower mx records so we did some
investigating and it turns out that the company that handles our
external dns had an old entry for a backup mailserver that should not
have been there that the virus was relaying through. Thanks Uly for
that. and yeah the X-MailScanner was the reason I thought it was getting
through thanks for pointing that out..

Joe

>>> mbowman at UDCOM.COM 08/20/03 12:02PM >>>
I am getting a lot of these too. My understanding its because the
e-mail
is being sent to a machine that doesn't have MailScanner. Perhaps the
culprits are port scanning 25 and are emailing the servers directly
and
avoiding the Primary MX (which in our case has mailscanner running)

Matthew

Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
08/20/2003 12:22 PM
Please respond to MailScanner mailing list