Trend Micro Questions

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Wed Aug 20 16:10:11 IST 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Stephane Lentz wrote:

> # grep 1812 /etc/services
> radius          1812/tcp                        # Radius
> radius          1812/udp                        # Radius
> # lsof  -i | grep radius
> IScanWeb   1590    root   16u  IPv4     4631       TCP *:radius (LISTEN)
> IScanWeb   1592    root   16u  IPv4     4631       TCP *:radius (LISTEN)
> IScanWeb   1593    root   16u  IPv4     4631       TCP *:radius (LISTEN)
> IScanWeb   1596    root   16u  IPv4     4631       TCP *:radius (LISTEN)
> IScanWeb   1597    root   16u  IPv4     4631       TCP *:radius (LISTEN)
> IScanWeb   1598    root   16u  IPv4     4631       TCP *:radius (LISTEN)
>
> Disbale it (the web interface is not usefull for the CLI vscan scanner)
>
> /etc/init.d/iscanhttpds  stop
>
> --
> ---
> Stephane Lentz
> Alcanet International, Internet Services

Hey, that did it.  No more chkrootkit warnings!

I was looking at files in /tmp, checking open ports with nmap, and had rn
ntsysv to see if there were any strange services running.  I still hadn't
noticed anything until you pointed me at the Trend web interface.

Thanks!

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer