Problem installing Pyzor

Magnusson, Andrew Andrew.Magnusson at COCC.COM
Wed Aug 20 14:26:42 IST 2003

That's exactly the issue. We're running Redhat ES 2.1 which is based on 7.2,
and its version of python is older than what Pyzor needs (though it took
some mailing list digging to find that one...). We ended up skipping Pyzor,
since we have policies against non-RPM updates except where it can't be
helped (MailScanner for instance).

>From the SpamAssassin install file (http://spamassassin.org/dist/INSTALL):

"Pyzor requires at least Python 2.2.1 which can be found at
http://www.python.org/ ."

It's odd that the Pyzor page doesn't include this information.

Andrew Magnusson
Internet Product Analyst
COCC
1-877-678-0444 extension 640

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions
[mailto:michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 7:46 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Problem installing Pyzor

We had a similar problem. If my memory serves me well we had to update
python to a more recent version.

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
http://www.blacknightsolutions.com
FREE domain offer
Tel. +353 (0)59 9139897
Fax. +353 (0)59 9139897

reliance to it is prohibited.

--
*** This message originates from COCC, Inc.

If the reader of this message, regardless of the address or routing, is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and any review; use, distribution, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please delete this e-mail and all files transmitted with it from your system and immediately notify COCC, Inc. by sending reply e-mail to the sender of this message.

Thank you. ***