update virus scanners

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 12:01:00 IST 2003

At 08:53 20/08/2003, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Julian, could you change the update virus scanners script a little, so it
>reads MailScanner conf to see what scanners are active ?
>
>On my box i see for example it updates Clam hourly, i tested with Clam,
>but are not using it currently, so i dont see why MS should update it.
>Thats only wasting recources...
>
>Would be nice if it simply checks MS config, and updates the ons used by
>MS, and not the ones it sees installed...

I intentionally wrote it the way I did so that if you decided to add
another virus scanner that you already had installed, or switch scanners,
then you didn't have to worry about any delay before fetching the updates
as the scanners you just started using would already be up to date.
--
Julian Field