Problems with inline warnings.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 11:54:22 IST 2003

At 03:10 20/08/2003, you wrote:
>Hi m8s
>
>I just re-installed a server with Mailscanner, but now I have some smaller
>problems (I hope)
>
>1)      Even though I've set "Warning is attachment" to no I get all
>warnings as
>a attachment.

In which case you have a bug in your email app. The warnings are sent an
"inline" MIME sections in this case and should be rendered with the main
body text.

>2)      Sometimes the Mailscanner "forgets" renaming the warning attachment.
>         Ex:
>                 I send a test.bat from a at mydomain.com to b at mydomain.com
>
>                 a at mydomain.com becomes the warningmessage that he has
> sent a bad file -
>good.
>
>                 b at mydomain.com gets the mail subject is {Filename?}..
> WITH an attachment.
>                 the attachment is named test.bat - but with the warning
> as content...
>weird.
>
>Any ideas?

Not a clue on that one. Never seen it before.

How did you install MailScanner? If you used the manual installation route
did you successfully apply all 4 security patches to MIME-tools? Did you
use the version of MIME-tools I recommend?
--
Julian Field