MailScanner Configuraiton Problems

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Wed Aug 20 02:58:29 IST 2003

What does your maillog say?  Is your MailScanner machine configured to relay
mail for wnyric.org?  It should be...you should also have a mailertable
entry that directs mail to your Notes server.  I would make your MailScanner
machine's MX priority 10 and the Notes server not even be listed as an MX
for the domain.  This way, crafty spammers don't hit the secondary MX first
and circumvent your setup.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Don Watkins
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 8:36 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: MailScanner Configuraiton Problems

I'm running Red Hat 7.3 (Valhalla) on a P3-500.  I've installed MailScanner
but in order for the program to receive mail I must reconfigure sendmail.cf
so that port 25 is turned on. When that is turned on I can receive mail
locally from within our domain which is "frkl.wnyric.org". I can point to
the MailScanner box and send mail to it and it is forwarded onto our Lotus
Notes Domino Server.

Our email people have setup the Domino server so that it is MX=20 while the
MailScanner is MX=10. I know this isn't exactly as the directions but that
is what they did.  As I said before I can get mail from the local domains
which include 'wnyric.org' but I can't receive and scan anything coming from
yahoo.com, juno.com or any other mail domains.

Any assistance you can offer is appreciated.

Don