21,000 emails on top of a panda update script. - Julian

Hancock, Scott HancockS at MORGANCO.COM
Mon Aug 18 16:39:47 IST 2003

Julian,

I posted this email while you were out.  I was wondering if you saw it
and whether it was worthy of your attention.

If I remember correctly, the wrappers in /opt/MailScanner/lib pause the
mailscanner during an update.  So I hesitate to use this script "as is"
for mailscanner.

I have 5 other licenses and am willing to give you one.

Please forgive the repost.

Thanks

Scott Hancock

Hello all,

I know Julian was working on a Panda update wrapper and had issues with
the file name including the date.  Email Subject "Re: Panda Pricing --
autoupdate script?" dated 6/9/2003

I emailed Panda support and it looks like there are two places from
which to download the sig file.  The button on the website downloads a
file whose name contains the date.  The source below does not include
the date in the file name.

Attached is an update script sent by Panda support.  Below is the
slightly edited response to my query.

Apparently, Arian Widmaier is Panda's linux support guy in the US.

Now I need to make sense of the wrapper in the /opt/MailScanner/lib
directory.

-Scott Hancock