SpamAssassin not catching spam.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Aug 16 11:41:03 IST 2003

At 09:15 16/08/2003, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > I got rid of the SpamAssassin rpms & I have got rid of the 2.54 & have
> tried
> > to install from source but when I get to the make test I get the following
> > errors:-
>
> > Do I need to re-install perl ?
>
>What do you mean installed from source ? Did you not install via CPAN but
>tried to use the tar.gz ? Please make sure you are installing via CPAN.

He doesn't need to install from CPAN, I very much doubt it will help him.
Downloading the tar.gz and installing manually does just the same thing. I
prefer not to use CPAN as it is all too keen to upgrade my entire Perl
installation, which isn't much good when I am trying to test whether things
work with various versions of Perl for you guys.
I've never had any problem compiling from source, except for one or two of
the spamd tests failing on some odd Unix versions. And as MS doesn't use
spamd anyway, they don't matter.

--
Julian Field