mailscanner delivers headers only!!?

Rob Keeling rob at RJKEELING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Aug 15 12:18:33 IST 2003

> This can happen if it cannot get the message body for some reason.
> The SuSE init.d script that comes with the current stable release (4.22)
of
> MailScanner does not directly support postfix, so hopefully you have
> changed that yourself.

I have disabled postfix in init.d and start and stop mail by using the
following.

postfix -c /etc/postifx.in start
postfix -c /etc/postfix start
check_MailScanner

Should that be ok?

> The init.d script in the latest beta does support Postfix via settings in
> the /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner file.
>
> You need to make sure your normal Postfix setup is stopped before trying
> start the 2 copies of Postfix that are required by MailScanner.

I have just restarted everything, and I now get "messages found but no
hashed queue directories...."

Looks like the body text is still there? If so can I

a) get it delivered from that.
b) stop the error messages?

Thanks for your help.

Rob Keeling