mailscanner delivers headers only!!?

Rob Keeling rob at RJKEELING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Aug 15 10:35:18 IST 2003

Something very strange is going on with one of my servers.

I have a small test server which I run my home email through and use to test
out configs etc.

I upgraded it to SuSE 8.2 (by doing a fresh install and copying over the
config files)

So I am running SuSE 8.2, with fetchmail, postfix, cyrus IMAP, MailScanner
4.22 and Spamassasin 2.50.

I have just noticed that in the last match of email fetched (some 500
emails) a the last 300 or so have been delivered through
the system, but only the headers are visable, there seems to be no body text
at all.

The only thing I can see in /var/log/mail that might be relevent is
"Spamassasin timedout and was killed...."

Would this lead to header only being delivered, and where do I start
diagnosing why?

I am a bit of a novice at these things so I may well have missed something
very simple!

Thanks for your help.

Rob Keeling
Network Manager