mailscanner and debian woody 3.0

Matthias Klose doko at CS.TU-BERLIN.DE
Fri Aug 15 10:03:25 IST 2003

Julian Field writes:
> Definitely don't use it. It's over a year old, and is version 3 which I no
> longer support (except when someone *Really* needs it).

It's nice to see such recommendations, while waiting for the
configuration patches integrated upstream. AFAIK Nick does have these
patches around for a year or more, but they don't show up in the
upstream releases. Is there a reason for it? Is there a plan for
integrating them (I don't even ask for a schedule)?

If you think these patches are not yet stable, then please setup a
CVS branch so people can work on this stuff.

People are working on the v4 packages, but IMO it doesn't make sense
to make a transition from v3 to v4 and then again to the configuration
stuff.

        Matthias