Per Domain Recovery Archiving

Stephen Conway sconway at WLNET.COM
Thu Aug 14 17:26:06 IST 2003

Good day:

We have an install of MailScanner running.  We want to 'archive' ALL
messages based on domain for the ability to recover any lost messages for a
given domain.  That is, all incoming messages for @domaina.com get appended
to a file called /arc/inc_domaina and all outgoing messages would be
appended to /arc/out_domaina ,   I know that if we give a path in the
'Archive Mail' option, that it will create a 'Sendmail' queue type archive,
what would be nice is just to have the SMTP messages be appended in a BSD
style mailbox , or even forwarded to a user 'inc_domaina at domaina.com' user
mailbox, .  Or maybe, with a rule can we create per domain archive files
with Mail scanner ?  Is there a way to get the 'Mail Archive' option to
archive not ALL messages to one location, but domaina to one address , and
domainb to another address ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve