Clamav-wrapper

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu Aug 14 10:24:39 IST 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> What are the full set of possible arguments now? I assume, from what
> you say, that its archive unpacking abilities have improved since I
> wrote the wrapper script.
>
> Clam is currently called with
> -r --disable-summary --stdout --unzip
> What should I add to the list?

According to the docs it will try and unzip or unrar (rar v2 not v3) using its internal library.
--unzip tells it to search in the path for the unzip program should unzipping fail using the internal unzipper   (--unzip=/path/to/unzip can specify a specific unzip program] according to the docs this shouldn't be necessary.

--unrar=/path/to/unrar specifies an external rar unpacker that will be using should the internal unpacker fail (say for rar v3)

Here are the other options from the clam man page which might be useful  (note that only zip, gzip bzip2 and rar(2.0) are supported without an external helper)

 --max-files=#n
              Extract  first #n files from each archive. This option should be
              used to protect your system against DoS  attacks.  Note:  always
              few  files  more  are  extracted due to the limit implementation
              (expecially when archive contains small files). All  file  types
              are counted.

       --max-space=#n
              Extract  first  #n kilobytes from each archive. You may give the
              number in megabytes in format xM or xm, where x is a number.

       --max-recursion=#n
              Set the archive recursion level.    --unace[=FULLPATH]
              Supports .ace files.

       --unarj[=FULLPATH]
              Supports .arj files.

       --unzoo[=FULLPATH]
              Supports .zoo files.

       --lha[=FULLPATH]
              Supports .lzh files.

       --jar[=FULLPATH]
              clamscan  uses  unzip  for .jar files, so optionally give a full
              path to unzip.

       --deb[=FULLPATH]
              This option supports debian binary packages. Implies --tgz,  but
              doesn't conflict with --tgz=FULLPATH. It requires ar utility.

  --tar[=FULLPATH]
              This option supports non-compressed archives.

       --tgz[=FULLPATH]
              This option supports tar.gz and .tgz files. You need GNU tar, on
              non-Linux system you probably have it as gtar. If it's in $PATH,
              please  use --tgz=gtar in other case please use a full pathname.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.