Exclude List

NTIN Page Guy pages at ntin.net
Wed Aug 13 22:38:38 IST 2003

Hello Manish,

 Wednesday, August 13, 2003, you wrote:

MG> Hello Everybody,

MG> I am new to this, we have just set up mailscanner for our domain, and its
MG> working fine.

MG> Now I have some users who have come up and say that they don't want their
MG> mails to be scanned / checked for spams.

MG> Is there a list where i can add a rule so that a mail to: abc at domain.com
MG> should not be checked or marked.

MG> many thanks.

I work for an ISP, We had a similar problem.  Obviously we cant do too
aggressive scanning, people after all make up their own minds what is
spam.

So what we did was this.  We setup Mailscanner not to modify subject,
to deliver all email message, only adding headers.

This way people can filter their mail using their own rules in their
email clients and we don't get accused of stopping legitimate email.

Since making the above configuration changes we have not had one person
request their mail not be scanned.  Of course the computer savyness of
the average Internet user, means they don't even know the headers are
there and they therefor go un-used.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't

Best regards,
Robert B, NTIN                           mailto:pages at ntin.net