Email signing

Wed Aug 13 18:37:07 IST 2003

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 6:07 pm, Samuel Luxford-Watts wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using MS is it possible to:
>
> 2. Have the email signature at the start of the email body and not the end.

Rather than putting the "disclaimer" at the start, you could treat the entire
message as spam (no comment...) and use SAs "attachment" mechanism to move
the original message to be an attachment to the statement explaining why it
was thought to be spam - which you could rewrite as your "disclaimer".

Then the recipient sees the "disclaimer" telling them to open the attachment
in order to view the original message.

I should say at this point that I'm not proud of having thought up this way
of doing what you're asking, because I personally dislike with an intensity
any text added to emails which claims to have legal significance.

<rant>

I do not accept the terms and conditions which I find attached to something
which someone has chosen to send to me, unless I've personally agreed to them
in advance.   If someone takes it upon themselves to send me something
(deliberately or inadvertently) then I'll do what I damn well want with it -
if they don't like it then they should have checked with me before sending it.

</rant>   Ah, that feels better now :)

Regards,

Antony.

--

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.

 - Oscar Wilde