Email signing

Samuel Luxford-Watts slwatts at WINCKWORTHS.CO.UK
Wed Aug 13 18:07:18 IST 2003

Hi all,

Ok - I work for a legal firm so I guess I should have guessed that this
subject would come back to haunt me!

Using MS is it possible to:

1. sign all outgoing emails with a default signature (disclaimer) except if
a specific string is added to either the end of the subject line or to the
email body.

2. Have the email signature at the start of the email body and not the end.
I am not sure if you are aware but a lot of lawyers are now saying that a
confidentiality disclaimer appended to an email is not legally binding
unless you refer to it at the start of the email BEFORE the reader has a
chance to read the main text.

If anyone has any ideas on the first point I would love to hear them!

Sam

--------------
Winckworth Sherwood Solicitors and Parliamentary Agents
DX 148400 WESTMINSTER 5 : 35 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 3LR
Telephone 020 7593 5000 Fax 020 7593 5099

Do something amazing!
The firm is supporting a charitable bike ride through Vietnam and needs your help. For further information please visit http://www.vietnambikeride.org

-Confidentiality-
This email message and any attachments are confidential; they may be subject to legal professional privilege and are intended for the named recipient only. If you are not the named recipient, please return the message and enclosures immediately and delete them from your system.

-Caution-
Before advice received only by email (whether by attachment or otherwise) may be relied on, the authenticity of the communication must be verified by means independent of email.

-Regulation-
The firm is regulated by the Law Society.

-Partners-
A list of partners is available for inspection at each office of the firm and on the firm's website at http://www.winckworths.co.uk