Found dangerous Object Codebase tag...

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Tue Aug 12 18:08:36 IST 2003

An HTML tag that causes a browser to load programming code when the page is
viewed.  Some mail filtering systems "defang" such tags by changing them to
something safe, which usually leaves the rest of the message completely
readable, but I don't think (and will hopefully be corrected if I'm wrong)
that MS yet can be made to do that.

Actually, are there any plans (or does anyone have a suggestion for the best
way to) allow using such "defanging" functionality in MS?  In a past life I
used a procmail script
(http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html) that would
prepend DEFANGED to the start of tags considered dangerous.  It was nice
functionality, even if only for all the anger it engendered in the web dev
department. :-)

-t.