etrust autoupdate

mailscanner at elknet.net mailscanner at elknet.net
Sat Aug 9 00:21:58 IST 2003

Julian,

I had earlier emailed the list a code segment with an idea on how to recognize if the etrust signatures were updated during one of the
hourly cycles.

But my message never appeared on the list. Did you get it?

If not, it was something like this (Place it in the etrust-autoupdate after the InoDist runs. This code then checks the installed signature file to
see if its 5 min or less old):

#!/usr/bin/perl

$result=`find /opt/eTrustAntivirus/ino/config/ -cmin -5 -maxdepth 1 -name virsig.da0`;
if ($result =~ /virsig/) {
   Sys::Syslog::syslog('info', "eTrust was updated");
 } else {
   Sys::Syslog::syslog('info', "eTrust did not need updating");
 }