Mailscanner/Sophos detecting fewer and fewer viruses every day???

Fri Aug 8 20:40:35 IST 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 8:30 pm, Julian Field wrote:

> At 20:23 08/08/2003, you wrote:
> > > What percentage of mail, on average, is a virus?
> >
> >That depends a lot on whether you're measuring incoming or outgoing mail,
> > or both.   I see something like 2%, for both inbound & outbound mail (but
> > I have no idea whether that's considered "normal").
>
> According to MessageLabs, who have a much larger marketing budget than I
> do, it's about 1 in 150 messages on average.

And I suspect that should nearly all be considered as "incoming" mail, since
customers use MessageLabs to filter their inbound mail - I don't believe they
typically process the outbound stuff as well?

Antony.

--

Normal people think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".