Bouncing individual email addresses

Fri Aug 8 17:22:01 IST 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 5:19 pm, Spicer, Kevin wrote:

> Nigel Haveron wrote:
> > Is it possible in MailScanner to bounce singly addressed emails just
> > for certain "To:" addresses with a "user not found", these are for
> > people who have left but I am still getting large amounts of spam
> > (over 50% is to these), as I am just using MailScanner/Sendmail as a
> > relay I cannot use the address mapping features in Sendmail to say
> > "no user".
>
> I do it using sendmail's access database, add lines like...
>
> To:left.user at mydomain.com       REJECT

But can you do this sort of thing for a relay-domain, rather than a
local-domain ?

I thought sendmail's access lists only applied to local domains which
sendmail acted as delivery agent for?

Antony.

--

The idea that Bill Gates appeared like a knight in shining armour
to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos

 - Douglas Adams in The Guardian, August 25, 1995